Website JAG Industrial & Marine Services
The New Industry Standard
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring Marine Engineer, Consulting and Schedulers.
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring for Marine Engineer, Consulting and Schedulers positions from cities nationwide for projects located on shipyards across the United States.
Travel is required for all positions.
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring for Marine Engineer, Consulting and Schedulers positions for projects located on shipyards throughout the U.S. JAG offers our a competitive pay structure, with per diem available for qualified applicants. Marine Engineer, Consulting and Schedulers positions must have trade specific work experience in the physically demanding marine/industrial environment. Must be U.S. Citizen or National with clean background for a minimum 10 years and able to pass 10 panel drug screen. Immediate openings, short & long term assignments.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer.”
Marine Engineer, Consulting and Schedulers can provide a wide range of services including, but not limited to:
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Review work requests and compare them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Analyze data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel.
- Maintain contact with, and formulate reports for, contractors and clients in order to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and sea trials.
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies in order to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost, consistent with safety.
- Procure materials needed to repair marine equipment and machinery.
- Act as liaisons between ships’ captains and shore personnel in order to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that ships are operated safely and efficiently.
- Prepare plans, estimates, design and construction schedules, and contract specifications.
- Schedule machine overhauls.
This position requires working in inside and/or outside environmental conditions, shipyard and/or remote locations, teams in opens spaces, heights above 6 feet, and/or alone in confined spaces. Tasks require repetitive sequences that include balancing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, seeing, hearing, speaking, an acute sense of smell and exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects and/or lift objects. Protective clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hats, safety shoes or boots (steel), and respiratory protection shall be worn accordingly.
HOW TO APPLY:
JAG offers several convenient options for Tradesmen to apply for a position with our company:
Apply On Our Website: Submit an application and upload your resumé on our website at https://jag-ind-marine.com/apply-now/.
Email: Email a copy of your resumé with a brief introduction to recruiting @ jagmarinegroup.com. Please include the Job Title you are applying for in the Subject line of your email.
Fax: You may also Fax your resumé to us at +1.517.995.7524 (7JAG)
If you have additional questions, please contact JAG Human Resources by phone at +1.517.995.4524 (4JAG).
JAG Industrial & Marine Services (JAG) is a leader in providing turnkey marine repair and shipbuilding services along with shipyard support services nationwide to the marine industry. We are a company built by marine tradesmen themselves, and our ownership has over 100-years combined experience in marine repair and shipbuilding. JAG has significant depth within our experienced management team. The management team has operated and managed multiple shipyards and has been engaged in significant marine activity which includes all levels and disciplines of ship repair and conversions, and the construction of tugs, barges, ships, government vessels, dredges, and ferries.
To apply for this job please visit jag-ind-marine.com.