Website JAG Industrial & Marine Services
The New Industry Standard
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring for Marine Aluminum Welder positions.
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring for Journeymen Level Marine Aluminum Welder positions.
Travel is required for all positions.
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring journeymen level Marine Structural Welders for shipyards located throughout the U.S. JAG offers our welders a competitive pay structure, with per diem available for qualified applicants and the potential to gross approximately $1,650.00 and above per week. Marine Structural Welders – Fitters must have 5+ years trade specific work experiencing the physically demanding marine/industrial environment and meet the position requirements listed below in the Position Description/Requirements. Must be U.S. Citizen or National with clean background for a minimum 10 years and able to pass 10 panel drug screen. Immediate openings, short & long term assignments.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer.”
- Marine Structural Welders – Steel; must be proficient in the FCAW and SMAW welding processes, they should also be able to set up your basic machine to weld in horizontal 2G, vertical up 3G, and overhead 4G positions with either .045 or .052 wire and 7018 stick.
- Heating – Oxygen/Fuel Heating Torch.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
- Structural Welders will be required to pass all Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D inspected to 2035 Class 1.
- FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) in 2G, 3G, and 4G position. **
- SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) in 2G, 3G, and 4G position. **
- ** At times SMAW is not required and we only need FCAW.
This position requires working in inside and/or outside environmental conditions, shipyard and/or remote locations, teams in opens spaces, heights above 6 feet, and/or alone in confined spaces. Tasks require repetitive sequences that include balancing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, seeing, hearing, speaking, an acute sense of smell and exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects and/or lift objects. Protective clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hats, safety shoes or boots (steel), and respiratory protection shall be worn accordingly.
HOW TO APPLY:
JAG offers several convenient options for Tradesmen to apply for a position with our company:
Apply On Our Website: Submit an application and upload your resumé on our website at https://jag-ind-marine.com/apply-now/.
Email: Email a copy of your resumé with a brief introduction to recruiting @ jagmarinegroup.com. Please include the Job Title you are applying for in the Subject line of your email.
Fax: You may also Fax your resumé to us at +1.517.995.7524 (7JAG)
If you have additional questions, please contact JAG Human Resources by phone at +1.517.995.4524 (4JAG).
JAG Industrial & Marine Services (JAG) is a leader in providing turnkey marine repair and shipbuilding services along with shipyard support services nationwide to the marine industry. We are a company built by marine tradesmen themselves, and our ownership has over 100-years combined experience in marine repair and shipbuilding. JAG has significant depth within our experienced management team. The management team has operated and managed multiple shipyards and has been engaged in significant marine activity which includes all levels and disciplines of ship repair and conversions, and the construction of tugs, barges, ships, government vessels, dredges, and ferries.
To apply for this job please visit jag-ind-marine.com.