Website JAG Industrial & Marine Services
The New Industry Standard
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring for 1st Class Marine Electrician tradesmen.
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring 1st Class Marine Electrician tradesmen from cities across America for projects located at shipyards across the United States.
Travel is required for all positions.
JAG Industrial & Marine Services is hiring 1st Class Marine Electrician tradesmen for shipyard installation, termination, troubleshooting and maintenance work at Shipyards located across the United States. Previous shipyard production environment, US Coast Guard and US Navy Electricians preferred. JAG offers our Marine Electricians a competitive pay structure, with per diem available for qualified applicants and the potential to gross approximately $1,750.00 and above per week. Marine Electricians must have 5+ years trade specific work experience in the physically demanding marine/industrial environment and meet the position requirements listed below in the Position Description/Requirements. Must be U.S. Citizen or National with clean background for a minimum 10 years and able to pass 10 panel drug screen. Immediate openings, short & long term assignments.
- Perform installation, maintenance, repair, and management of electrical equipment, including motor controllers, transformers, distribution panels, lighting circuits, and sensors.
- Perform installation of electrical cable terminations at a minimum to include the following types: straight through joints, branch which can be a Y or T, Pot ends, indoor/outdoor terminations.
- The ability for read and interpret marine electrical one-line drawings and schematics.
- Identify existing drawings for modification and/or identification of new drawings.
- The ability to interpret tech manuals for troubleshooting and installation.
- Investigate existing maintenance actions to determine failure points as well as corrections to reduce or eliminate.
- Recommend upgrades and replacement parts to repair and extend the life expectancy of marine electrical systems and equipment.
- Summarize cost estimate for material purchase, lead time, and installation of new materials recommended.
- Estimate time to perform repairs and modifications recommended.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- 4 years marine electrical/electronic experience at sea or in a shipyard production environment.
- 2 years’ experience with marine or industrial control systems.
- 2 years’ experience with marine or industrial controls integration into machinery control systems highly desirable.
- 2 years reviewing and redlining drawings in a marine/industrial environment.
- 2 years’ experience working with an engineering team(s) to sustain industrial or marine plants to accomplish maintenance, repairs, and engineering changes.
- Knowledge of US Coast Guard and US Navy drawing standards and templates desired.
This position requires working in inside and/or outside environmental conditions, shipyard and/or remote locations, teams in opens spaces, heights above 6 feet, and/or alone in confined spaces. Tasks require repetitive sequences that include balancing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger manipulation, grasping, feeling, seeing, hearing, speaking, an acute sense of smell and exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects and/or lift objects. Protective clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hats, safety shoes or boots (steel), and respiratory protection shall be worn accordingly.
HOW TO APPLY:
JAG offers several convenient options for Tradesmen to apply for a position with our company:
Apply On Our Website: Submit an application and upload your resumé on our website at https://jag-ind-marine.com/apply-now/.
Email: Email a copy of your resumé with a brief introduction to recruiting @ jagmarinegroup.com. Please include the Job Title you are applying for in the Subject line of your email.
Fax: You may also Fax your resumé to us at +1.517.995.7524 (7JAG)
If you have additional questions, please contact JAG Human Resources by phone at +1.517.995.4524 (4JAG).
JAG Industrial & Marine Services (JAG) is a leader in providing turnkey marine repair and shipbuilding services along with shipyard support services nationwide to the marine industry. We are a company built by marine tradesmen themselves, and our ownership has over 100-years combined experience in marine repair and shipbuilding. JAG has significant depth within our experienced management team. The management team has operated and managed multiple shipyards and has been engaged in significant marine activity which includes all levels and disciplines of ship repair and conversions, and the construction of tugs, barges, ships, government vessels, dredges, and ferries.
To apply for this job please visit jag-ind-marine.com.